Celebrate the natural wonder of the wetland at the Wetlands Festival on Saturday, April 24 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Wildwood Park in Harrisburg.
There will be family-friendly music, activities, exhibits, and food vendors to round out the day.
Special events schedule:
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Live Music with Ray Owen
- 10:30 a.m. – Reptiles with Refreshing Mountain
- 11:30 a.m. – Birds of Prey with Refreshing Mountain
- 12:30 p.m. – Reptiles with Refreshing Mountain
- 1:30 p.m. – Birds of Prey with Refreshing Mountain
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Live Music with Mark DeRose
- 2:30 p.m. – Reptiles with Refreshing Mountain
- 3:30 p.m. – Birds of Prey with Refreshing Mountain
All-day activities, exhibits, and vendors:
- Friends of Wildwood with Children’s Activities & Crafts
- Live Animals Up Close with Refreshing Mountain
- Art In The Wild Exhibit and Hands-on Activities
- Exhibits from Environmental and Community Organizations
- Hot Eats and Treats including Williams French Fries and Farm Show Milkshakes
All activities are free of charge. Food will be available for purchase. The event will be spread out through the park this year due to COVID-19. Guests are asked to wear masks and maintain social distancing throughout the event.
The Wetlands Festival is sponsored by the Dauphin County Commissioners, Doug Bonsall & Craig Staller, WITF, ABC27 and the Friends of Wildwood.
Wildwood Park is located on Industrial Road, a half mile north of the Harrisburg Area Community College campus, in Harrisburg. The Benjamin Olewine III Nature Center is located in Wildwood Park and is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
For more information, please visit www.DauphinCounty.org or call 717-599-5188. Connect with Dauphin County Parks and Recreation at Facebook.com/DauphinCountyParksRecreation, Instagram @dauphincounty_parksrec or Twitter.com/DauphinParksRec.